Ever since I can remember, I've been eating those popsicles made out of Jello and Kool-Aid. I highly covet my mom's classic Tupperware popsicle molds (which OMG I just found on Amazon). I posted about them a million years ago. And it's 90º and I'm pregnant and want to chew on ice pretty much 24/7.
So I'm talking about popsicles.
But guess what? Those "unsweetened Kool-aid drink mix" packets that all these recipes call for must have left grocery store shelves when people stopped pulling their money out of fanny packs to pay for them. And sure, there's good ol' Amazon that'll deliver 48 packs to your doorstep, but that will get here in two days and I need my quiescently frozen confection ASAP.
So, I did a little experimenting for you and got this recipe:
Jello & Kool-Aid Popsicle (the reboot)
- 1/3 cup Kool-Aid Drink Mix, sugar sweetened, in your flavor of choice
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup granulated sugar (I use 1/4 cup plus a little more because I hate measuring, sugar gives me heart burn right now and I don't like them too sweet)
- 1 box (3 oz.) Jello gelatin in your flavor of choice
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups cold water
Mix first three ingredients in a large bowl or pouring thingy.
2. Add in boiling water and mix until dissolved.
3. Add cold water.
4. Pour into popsicle molds.
6. Wait impatiently.
I'm enjoying Cherry (Kool-Aid flavor) Lime (Jello flavor) right now.